"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Monday, December 31, 2007

Knees

One thing I worried about before I started running was my knees. I became a mom sorta late in life (seems all relative these days)and it seems to have taken a toll on my knees; they don’t seem to have taken kindly to crawling around the floor chasing trains, balls, and bugs. It hurt to kneel and it hurt to get up again. I was starting to feel right crotchety. So I was necessarily worried about this running idea I had.

I decided to give it a try anyway. The first few steps in every running interval gets a little whine from my knees, but then they are fine. And, I can now happily report that my knees are better than fine—even off the street. I noticed this fact this morning as I was once again on the floor chasing trains; there was almost no pain. I am also able to get up again with no complaints. A Christmas miracle? Probably not, I think God has better things to waste his miracles on. More likely it has something to do with getting regular exercise. Mind you, one would hardly say I’m burning up the road with my running… I’m still running/walking, so we’ll see what happens down the road.

No comments: