"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Committed Myself...

I went ahead and did it. Instead of just talking about, I went ahead and plunked down the money to sign up for the marathon. I am now officially registered and COMMITTED. I'm really going to do it. I'm going to pick up my packet, wear a number, and a timing chip. My run will be monitored and timed. I am in! To the right you can see an official count-down timer. I'm counting the days, minutes, and seconds I have to train myself. It's exhausting just to think about it; I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I'll blog about my really cold run tonight.

1 comment:

Greg On the Run said...

Good for you for setting the goal and making it public. I look forward to hearing your story.

Found you on the Complete Running Network. You'll find plenty of people stopping by to say hello.