"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pushing MY Envelope....

This week I upped to 7 min run/2 min walk intervals. Monday was easy and I pushed a little by combining my first two intervals, just to see if I could. It was cake, but I felt just fine keeping my last interval to 7 minutes. I wasn't able to run again until Friday and it was a little rough; I was a little tired but was able to complete my three 7/2 intervals.

Today I went to Mt. Trashmore and ran while my husband and the boys played. I ran on a path around the lake there. The view was a nice change from the streets of my neighborhood. The change of pace was uplifting, so I think I'll try to run somewhere different on the weekends from now on.

While I normally try (Monday notwithstanding) to stay true to the intervals because it has worked so well and has kept me going, I decided to see how long I could go without having to stop on my first interval. I made it around the lake 1.45 miles without stopping. It took 17 minutes. I walked for two minutes and then went another 7 minute interval, which I think took me to .75 miles (after beginning a new loop). Walked a little ran a little more and walked the rest of the way. I think total walking and running I did right at 3 miles in 45.

So bring it on! I’m ready for whatever’s next. ; )

This week I’m going to start tracking my eating again—which I fell way off that bandwagon a while ago. Just doing that keeps me from eating too much and I was losing. But I haven’t lost a pound since running and not tracking-- hmmmm, go figure. The upside is at least I haven’t gained.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hey, good for you! Proud of you and your 1.45 miles w/o stopping! Keep up the gradual increases, and stick with it! You're doing awesome.

Jim