"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Progress...5/2 x 4

Well, I'm up to running 5 minutes and walking 2 minutes for four intervals and it feels good! Though I have to say it's getting easier to accept my days off now. ; ) When I first started this thing, in all my exuberance, I thought "recovery days are for wimps", but I grudgingly followed the advice of my trainer and took them. Now I see how much they are needed.....and its probably why I'm still running two months later. All previous ventures into running have ended in frustration and pure burnout; these memories kept me honest with the schedule. Now I look forward to my runs and I can feel myself getting stronger and gaining stamina. How cool. Progress; who woulda thunk it? making my way steadily to the 8k.

51
days
1231
hours
73886
minutes
4433181
seconds

1 comment:

Jim said...

YAY you! Recovery days are not for wimps...they're for those among us who are not sadomasochistic. If you like causing yourself pain and tiredness, then not resting is the path to take! (C:

You're doing an awesome job. And who cares that you're running/walking? I wrote a post about this a few days ago, check it out. You'll do fine for your race!

Jim