"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Monday, March 10, 2008

Blogging on my Mind....

Okay, I know what all 2 of my regular readers are thinking: she's not blogging; she must NOT be running. But I am here to tell you, I HAVE and I am READY for my 8k on Saturday-- barring that I DON'T CATCH THE FLU. Yep, my husband was down for several days with the flu that he brought back from that GERM FACTORY he calls work. So far, so good....mostly. I do have a bit of a scratchy throat and a background queezy feeling, but that often happens to me after he's brought home some kind of crud. Generally, it turns out to be nothing, and I'm thinking it will be the same way with this. So, yes, I plan to run 5 miles on Saturday; I will make it to the finish line. Yes, I will!
I've also been blogging a lot -- in my mind. So I've had a lot to say, just not the time to write it down. But over the next several hours, I hope to remedy that. I will tell you about what I've been thinking about as I run, give some slow, but healthier, runner reports and tell you what my ncxt venture is. I'll just bet you are sitting on the edge of your seat. ; )

2 comments:

Amanda MacMillan said...

Good luck on Saturday!! Sounds like you are ready and in good health :) I won't be there (opted to do a half marathon next month in Brooklyn instead), but I'll be cheering for you from New York! And of course I look forward to your race report :)

peter said...

Thanks for stopping by my place, Lelani, and giving me the benefit of your thoughts.

How did your race go on Sat? I love reading about runner's thoughts. So many things strike me when i run, I'm always writing blog posts in my head that often don't get put down when I get home!