"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Baby Got New Shoes!!!!


Well, it seems my shoe woes are over for the next little while. After my run yesterday, I vowed not to run again until I got new shoes. It had to happen; it seems after running that one day in my terrible shoes, my feet were ruined even for my "good" shoes. So I emailed my coach and she sent me to Running Etc... in Norfolk. I walked in a bewildered newbie and walked back out 20 minutes later, still bewildered but with set of Saucony, Trigon 5s -- and feeling quite pleased with myself. I was almost tempted to put them right on but wasn't ready to ruin their pristine beauty in the sleet. So they have one more day in their pretty little box for tomorrow I run!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jim said...

Sauconys are great--that's what I run in! I've tried a few other brands--Brooks, Nike, New Balance--and I always end up coming back.

Good for you that you got new shoes! YAY!!! (C;

Jim

Amanda MacMillan said...

Good luck with the Sauconys! They were also highly recommended to me when I quizzed my local running store last month. I ended up going with Mizunos, which are so-far-so-good, but I think they were both praised pretty highly.

My coworker who runs a lot just mentioned that she had the bottoms of her shoes "slit" when she bought them at a running store last year. Like, they cut a slit across the bottom to make them more flexible. Huh? I've never heard of this! I don't think I'm quite that experienced yet to need all of that :)