"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

Sunday, January 6, 2008

So lets talk schedules....

Wouldn't it be nice if we could ease into everything in life with the likes of Interval Training? My goodness...running is NOT the misery for me now it has been in the past. I'm actually ENJOYING myself. Who would've thunk it? Of course, I'm still new to it all and I've just completed a week of 3 minutes running and 2 minutes walking -- next week on to 4/2.

Another thing I have is a running coach. Check her out here. I've got a ways to go to get to 8k, but I feel confident that I'll be able to do it. Though I can't participate in in person training because of my schedule; I have the benefit of emailed schedules and encouragement. It's nice to be able to get my questions answered, too. I've found that a coach can make all the difference. Otherwise, I would've done what I did in the past; put on my running shoes and headed out the door running until I was exhausted and not seeing any improvement. Inside of a month I'd give up. Now I'm full of energy and ready for more. Bring it on coach Mary!

3 comments:

Amanda MacMillan said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to reading your blog ... I just found you on the Running Blog Family (was scrolling through looking for beginners) and amazingly, I'm planning to be in Virginia Beach for the Shamrock, too! I'm doing the half marathon, technically my first race a a real "runner." It will be nice to read someone else's posts who is going through the same thing.

I'm interested to see how your running coach helps you. I also have a coach who's helped me make a schedule and a workout routine.

I'm actually a health writer who is blogging about this on my company's web site ... trying to post a new lesson or something interesting I've learned every week. Please check it out ... and feel free to comment and let me know if there's anything training related you want to know more about! I'm always looking for ideas for new posts. You can find me at http://pokedandprodded.health.com/
poked_prodded/amandamacmillan.html.

Thanks and keep it up! See you in March!

Greg On the Run said...

Let's hear about what you're doing.

chia said...

I'm up for the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon as well. It's a struggle talking my feet into going into my shoes some days, but finding training to be quite enjoyable!

Loads of well wishes Lelani :-)